Tea tree has such a diversity of usefulness that’s both practical and convenient that you’ll never want to live without it again! And it is very inexpensive in comparison to other essential oils.
What is Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil, also known as Melaleuca alternifoliais, is an essential oil that has been around for quite a while. The oil is extracted from a plant native to Australia and cannot be found naturally occurring elsewhere.
Tea tree oil should NEVER be ingested and is only to be used as a topical remedy.
What are the healing benefits of Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil is known for its topical antiseptic and anti-fungal treatment or infection-reducing benefits. It also has antibiotic properties and helps aid against aliments such as skin infections, rashes, burns, dandruff and much more.
Note: Tea tree oil should not be used on babies younger than 6 months.
Consider tea tree oil something to put on your list of must-have essential oils and it is something you will want to keep on hand!
Here are 12 ways you can put it to work for you:
1. Helps heal and soothe sunburns.
2. Heals skin infections naturally.
3. Relieves itchiness from rashes and helps reduce rashes.
4. Can be used as an all-purpose cleaner: Fill a glass spray bottle (which you can BUY HERE) with 1-2 tsp. of tea tree oil and the rest of the bottle with water.
5. Treats acne.
6. Add a few drops in your pets’ crates or beds to keep the fleas away.
7. Removes ticks.
8. Cures toenail fungus and Athlete’s foot.
9. Helps remove skin tags.
10. Can be used in a homemade toothpaste recipe.
11. Soothes insect bites.
12. Relieves asthma or other breathing conditions when a few drops are added to a humidifier.
13. Keeps your bathroom fresh.
14. Helps freshen carpet.
15. Kills mold