If you have sensitive bronchi’s, you must protect them to avoid your condition to become worst. But if asthma is a part of your life, then you have a serious health condition. Asthma comes as a result of the thickening of the bronchial tubes and a chronic inflammation which can lead to suffocation.
It can be provoked by allergic, cold weather, air pollution, even physical activities. With these people, bronchi’s are sensitive, so whenever their lungs are irritated, their muscles tighten and produce phlegm in the throat. Asthma attacks are most often followed by coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath.
People who suffer from asthma use inhalers, but they are in fact a potential risk for more health problems, since the cures contain lots of chemicals, such as steroids, which are harmful for the heart. On the other hand, healthy foods can be of great benefit in this case, as they can lower the allergy reaction, remove inflammation in the air passages, thin the mucus in the lungs and dilate the air that triggers the attacks.
To take a benefit from this information, you need to know what to eat and what to avoid. To eliminate respiratory issues and expand the capacity of your lungs, you need to consume foods abundant in vitamin C and beta- carotene like carrot juice and ribs of celery in your meals. You should also consume food rich in chlorophyll in big amounts which detoxifies the colon and liver.
- ¼ pineapple+ 1 cucumber+ 2 capsicums (yellow/red)+ ½ bunch watercress+ ½ lemon
- 1 cucumber+ 2 medium-sized beetroots+ 3 sticks lemongrass+ ½ lemon
- 2 green apples+ 6 ribs celery+ a bunch of spinach+ a bunch of parsley+ ¼ lemon
- ¼ pineapple+ 1 fennel+ 8-10 leaves of kale+ 3-4 radish(pungent)+ ½ lemon
- 2 cups of strawberries+ 1 cup cranberries+ 1 pomegranate
- 1 oz(1 shot) wheatgrass juice+ a squeeze of lemon juice.
Try to avoid:
- Vegetable oil like corn, sunflower, safflower (can cause inflammation)
- Soft drinks and alcohol
- Animal products like eggs, cow milk, dairy, meat( beef, pork, mutton, chicken and fish)
- Sodium and monosodium glutamate ( as they can increase the constriction of the bronchial tubes that the histamine causes)
There is no doubt that these small diet changes can make a huge difference in the case of asthma! It’s worth to try!